Destiny Young is an information technology professional with over 20 years industry experience. A Computer Science graduate with a First Class MBA from Nexford University, Washington DC. He holds a master’s degree in information technology from the prestigious University of South Africa (UNISA) and currently a Ph.D. Candidate in Information Systems with interest in Cybersecurity and Cloud technology. He is a member of the British Computer Society (BSC), Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), UK, IEEE, IDPM, etc.
Destiny is a Microsoft Certified Information Technology Specialist (MCITP), Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), Cambridge Certified Internet, Network and Hardware Expert (CCIE, CCNA, CCHE). He has the following professional Certificates:
- Cybersecurity Threats – Vulnerability and Countermeasures – Department of Homeland Security
- Cybersecurity Introduction – International Business Machine (IBM), USA
- Information Security (Introduction & Context), Royal Holloway University of London
- Introduction to Cybersecurity, New York University Tandon School of Engineering
- Google IT Systems Support – Google
- Google Cybersecurity Professional Certificate – Google
- Fundamentals of Digital Marketing – Google
- Introduction of Project Management Fundamental – Google
Microsoft LinkedIn Certificates:
- Information Security Frameworks
- Risk Management for IT & Cybersecurity Managers
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (Certification Prep)
- Ethical Hacking: Introduction to Ethical Hacking
- Ethical Hacking: Wireless Networks
- Troubleshooting Your Network with Wireshark
- Microsoft Office 365: Advanced Threat Protection
- Introduction to Web Design and Development
- Information Technology (PGD Certificate), Institute of Data Processing Management of Nigeria (IDPMN).
- Microsoft Certified Information Technology Specialist (MCITP) – National Information Technology Institute (NIIT), India
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) – National Information Technology Institute (NIIT), India
- Data Processing Management (Grad Diploma Certificate), Institute of Data Processing Management of Nigeria (IDPMN).
- Computer Data Engineering (Prof Diploma Certificate), Institute of Data Processing Management of Nigeria (IDPMN).
- Network Engineering – CCNA Module (LAN & WAN) – Technology Transfer Company (ATCON & ITAN accredited), Lagos, Nigeria
- Mobile GSM Engineering – Field Support – Technology Transfer Company (ATCON & ITAN accredited), Lagos, Nigeria
- Geographic Information Systems – Rand Water Engineering, Johannesburg, South Africa
Accelerating the Adoption of Cloud Technology by SMEs in Nigeria | Academic Paper | IISTE | https://www.iiste.org/Journals/index.php/IKM/article/view/44187
Improving the adoption of cloud computing by small & medium scale enterprise (SMEs) in Nigeria | master’s thesis Research Paper | University of South Africa | UNISA Institutional Repository | https://uir.unisa.ac.za/handle/10500/19212
Besides his deep knowledge of IT, he has flair for Digital Media Communications and has handled some strategic media communication and brand management responsibility for corporate organisations and public figures, some of which are; Oil and Gas Free Zones Authority, where is implemented the organisation’s digital media branding by revamping the entire digital communication platforms, including designing an award-winning website and setting up the associated new media channels, serving as IT and New Media Consultant to the APC Guber-Candidate in the 2015 election, Mr Umana Okon Umana, handled IT and Digital Media communications to then APC Gubernatorial Candidate in the 2019 election, HE Obong Nsima Ekere. Very recently, he was the Director of IT. New Media and Digital Communications Directorate of Akan Udofia 2023 Gubernatorial Campaign Council where he handled the entire campaign’s council IT and digital communication strategy.
On request, Destiny helps organisations align Strategic IT to achieve organizational objectives. Destiny is currently the CEO of Centrepoint Technologies, a technology integration and digital transformation and Consulting Company operating out of Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State Capital.