RE: BSc (Hons) in Cybersecurity
I would like the Authorities of Federal University of Technology Ikot Abasi (FUTIA) to apply for approval from National University Commission (NUC) to start the Department of Cybersecurity program via eLearning mode.
While some technology courses require equipment to be set up in the lab, all a Cybersecurity program needs to successfully deliver electronic learning to its learners, is a computer workstation, internet access and a Learning Management Software (LMS). Cybersecurity is not a course that deals with spanners and screws.
We can help the University set this up.
Advantages of eLearning:
1. Disruption in academic calendar does not affect studies
2. Learners study at their pace at the comfort of their home or workplace.
3. Learners can be people currently in employment at their various locations not closer to Ikot Abasi and wouldn’t want to relocate. Most people would love to do a certain University program but are constrained by distance.
4. Paperwork is completely removed in the value chain.
5. Quick graduation turnaround as the LMS automate the academic process from admission to assignment to computing of final CGPA
6. Students are not compelled to buy hard copy books because electronic books will be made to them, and they will be subscribed to e-library the University has entered into partnership with. The students are needed to have a computer system running Windows and another system running Linux system. A virtual operating system environment can set up where all these OS can run. But by my opinion, a dedicated Linux system with a Windows machine ruining Kali Linux virtually is recommended.
7. eLearning empowers student to do independent research and, in the process, forces them to learn on their own. skills acquired through the rigour of personal research sticks.
8. There is no direct contact between the students and the tutor, removing the “Nigerian syndrome” of familiarity…
9. Plagiarism management software like Turnitin we will ensure academic integrity as student assignment and work are passed through Turnitin to check copied sources.
10. Finally, it is cheaper as the delivery drastically reduced. In most cases, lecturers to facilitate the entire programme from the comfort of their home. It is cheaper of the part of the learner as buying hard copy books are removed or at best, the student discretion, transportation to school premises is cut off, etc.
Please note, there are ethical issues I cannot discuss here because the Cybersecurity program teaches you to be a hacker.
It is only a hacker than can stop hacking from happening.
Ph.D(Cand.), MBA, MTech, BSc (Hons), MBCS, MIET, MIEEE, MIDPM, CCIA, CCHA, CCWA, MCTS, MCITP